Sunday, December 25, 2005

Andrew gets a cast for xmas

On the first day of christmas I broke my ankle skiing, and got a bottle of vicodin.
On the second day of christmas my doctor gave to me, two titanium pins in a speedy half hour surgery.

Not more than half a day after I learned how to make my turns a lot tighter and faster, I hit a patch of ice at the bottom of the Reut at Kirkwood and brake my ankle. I like to think of it as my little christmas present to myself. I'll be off my leg and out of work for about 6-8 weeks. Normally such a break would be a lot of fun, but I can't stand being sedentary for too long. Until I'm all healed up and back to work, I would appreciate any visits from any kind souls here in SF looking to watch movies, play games or just hang out.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Poor little Drew. Sorry about your cast. I wish I was in SF so I can spend some time with you. It's been almost nine years since I last saw you. I'm currently in San Diego finishing up my Culinary degree @ the Art Institute. What are you up to? I hope that everything is working out for you. Miss you Andrew. Get well soon. Maybe we can go snowboarding together someday.

Always,
Rose Mendoza

Andrew Casteel said...

Hey Rose,

Things are going well, other than the broken ankle. I got married 5 years ago to Lexi, my best friend in college. I've been working since then as a high school 3D Animation and Web Design teachers, though I'm probably making a career change at the end of the year and going back to data analysis. We got a new house this past October up in the Noe Valley neighborhood of San Francisco. I hear rumors of a class reunion this year, have you. Drop me an email at casteel(at)gmail.com so we can keep in touch.