Tuesday, October 05, 2004

First Post (again)

Over the summer we kept a blog of our trip to New York. Now that we're back in California, we're starting a new blog. I don't know what we'll write about yet but something will turn up.

I was thinking today that life is pretty good. So my goal for getting this blog started is to think of a new warm-and-fuzzy thing every day and write about it.

Today's good thing is bunny ears. We don't normally watch much TV, and when we do, it's usually with Keith and his tivo. But we wanted to watch the vice presidential debate tonight and he wasn't home, so we had to figure out how to get reception on our little TV (of course we have a TV - how else do you play an xbox?). Andrew picked up some bunny ears on his way home and we discovered that there are still public airwaves. :) It reminded me that analog snow looks really different than digital snow - I think it's prettier. The bunny ears on my parents' TV always needed tinfoil and precise tuning to work, but modern bunny ears apparently work right out of the box. The debate was pretty cool, although I got distracted by the anagram potential of "Dick Cheney". ("Needy Chick"? "Cheeky Din"?) This was my first chance to see John Edwards talk. He seems like a nice guy, and he said stuff that made sense. I like that it wasn't like a boring repetitive stump speech - there was, like, real data and stuff. mmm... data.

No comments: