Wednesday, November 03, 2004

KSJO

Let's have a moment of silence for the passing of my favorite radio station. KSJO is no more - the sounds of "classic rock" have been replaced with Spanish language programming. (When did they start calling my music classic rock? I can't possibly be that old.) Andrew's theory is that people who like to listen to rock have iPods, and get their music off the internet, instead of listening to the radio. But I like the radio, because (in theory) their playlist has stuff I would never think of. Not new music. But, you know how sometimes there's a Def Leppard song on the radio you totally forgot about, and it brings back memories from twenty years ago? That's the fun part. That's something I never get with an iPod playlist, because no matter how big the playlist is, I made it myself and thus on some level know exactly what songs are on it, and then it's just boring.

No comments: