Wanna distract yourself from the democratic process with some chocolate? Here's my new favorite fudge recipe:
4 oz baking chocolate
2 3/4 cups regular sugar
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp corp syrup
1 tbsp vanilla
* Grease the pan.
* Put the sugar, chocolate, liquids, and half the butter into the pot.
* Heat over medium, stirring with a wood spoon.
* Once all the solid bits have melted, bring it to a good boil.
* Reduce heat a little bit so it's simmering and put a lid on the pot.
* After a few minutes, take the lid off the pot and attach the candy thermometer. (Make sure the thermometer doesn't touch the bottom of the pot or you're just measuring the burner heat. If your pot is not that tall, be creative with chopsticks and suspend the thermometer over the pot.)
* Cook until the thermometer says 234 degrees.
* Turn off the heat and add the rest of the butter.
* Let the pot sit until the thermometer says 110 degrees.
* Stir in the walnuts and peanut butter. Mix it up enough so it's not shiny anymore. If you want there to be ribbons of peanut butter visible in the fudge then stir to the right texture first then add in the peanut butter and just stir a little bit.
* Pour into the greased pan and let it cool, then cut it. You can put it in the fridge once it has cooled down as long as you wrap it in plastic.