Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Zack's Passing

Lexi found Zack, our Silver Ferret, dead this morning. I was just about to get on my bike, when Lexi called me and told me she found him. It was a real shock as he was only 4 years old. He had been losing some weight, but still seemed active and was still eating right up until he passed some time last night. We buried him out in the back yard, wrapped in one of the towels he loved to curl up in.

Zack was a puppy trapped in a ferrets body. Whenever he was happy, he would hop all the way around the dining room. In fact he hopped way more than he walked. He was the only one of our first 4 ferrets that would chase the little ferret toys around the room. It was a hard morning at work. I'm still feeling depressed. When I get home tonight, I'm going to give our other 5 ferrets so many treats.

No comments: